Performance Advantages for the Shooter
• The final grind operation has a better finish than that of what passes for a stock mil-spec trigger and results in a much smoother pull.
• Sear geometry has not been changed from standard so the high reliability that the stock trigger is known for is unchanged.
• Trigger and hammer are made from true 8620 alloy steel military specification castings, correctly carburized, quenched and tempered for high surface hardness.
• Disconnector is 1070 High Carbon steel properly Austempered into the spring range of hardness.
• Springs are corrosion resistant and meet military specifications.
• A full force hammer spring is used for positive ignition of all type of ammunition.
• Trigger and hammer pins are improved over stock mild steel by using 4140 Chrome-Moly steel that has been quenched and tempered. Pins are centerless ground to a fine finish and retain a slip fit into the weapon's lower receiver.
Advantages for the Armorer
• The ALG Defense MS trigger is a standard trigger so maintenance and installation procedures are unchanged.
• There is spare parts commonality between the MS and stock triggers.
• Trigger assembly parts may be interchanged between triggers, there are no matched sets.
• Since it is a trigger meeting the U.S. Military trigger specifications for the M4 Carbine, the ALG Defense MS can be substituted for lower performing stock triggers while still staying in compliance with Unit or Departmental requirements.